In technology powered era, brand promotion is taking a new face, it is moving closer to web and online communications. In such a scenario, your website should be search engine friendly. Now, you must be wondering what ‘search engine friendly’ means?
‘Search Engine Optimization’ popularly known as SEO in the industry, focuses on keywords, which are fundamental to the search process. For instance, a person looking for a rented accommodation will use the following keywords or phrase: PG accommodation in Delhi, flat on rent in Delhi and so on. So, to make your website/page appear in top ranks in the search, it is essential to use these words in the content.
Here are a few ways to make your website/page SEO friendly.
- Know what type of keywords people use to find relevant content. Work on the most searched keywords.
- One of the best ways to improve the ranking of your page is to ensure that the keywords are prominently used in titles, text, and probably URLs.
- Avoid content duplicity in your web pages as it results in lower search engine ranking.
- To achieve higher ranking in search is a continuous process.
SEO content should be updated regularly. It is recommended to use the keyword phrase in the title tag and on the top of the page.
- The keyword/phrase should appear at least twice or thrice in the body copy of your page.
- The URL also promotes your page. Try to incorporate keyword in the URL as well.
- To increase brand awareness, it is advisable to include your brand name in the title.
- Many a times, people look for services/products based on brand.
- If your URL contains relevant words, this provides users and search engines with more information about the page than an ID or oddly named parameter would.
- Creating an attractive title will help grab attention on the search results page, and attract more visitors to your page.
- Original and plagiarism free content is the key to good SEO. Timeless content will enable better links and subsequently increase your search ranking.
- Original content helps to build a search engine friendly website and authority of your website. This eventually helps in building your brand awareness through social media platforms.
Get started, improve the content of your website and let your page be ranked higher than yesterday.