After reading the term ‘Content Marketing’, you must be wondering how content + marketing add value to your business, products & services and engage customers as per their requirements. This blog will iron out all such queries and enlighten you on content marketing and its various aspects.
Overview & Advantages of Content Marketing
- As per a survey, 81% of customers search online before reaching a store. This is where content marketing plays a significant role.
- Content marketing is a vast term entailing a set of strategies and tactics to meet business and customer goals by using relevant content to attract, convert, retain and engage customers.
- Content marketing aims to optimize your business value and increase customer reach value by providing the right content across the right channels.
- When you offer products and services to target audience or pre-defined groups of people, the content is molded in such a way that it adds value, in tune with brand and business objectives, and leading to value for the organization.
Avenues & Strategies of Content Marketing
The digital dimension plays a significant role in increasing customer engagement and most importantly – customer behavior and overall experience.
To increase your business by leaps and bounds, you must have a strong content marketing strategy. There are some specific things to keep in mind while promoting your brand:
- Blog Posts enable you to share information and updates. A regular and updated blog plays a significant role in generating leads and traffic.
- E-books featuring tutorials and important terminology aim to educate, but make sure to keep the language simple and lucid which is consistent with your brand.
- Workbooks and Templates are a great way to keep your brand in front of buyers.
- Infographics: ‘What you see leaves a lasting impact on you’, this holds true for infographics. Use as little text as possible and bring out the creativity to convey your message.
Content Marketing and Social Media
Connect with your target audience and start sharing your content. Let's cover various social networks:
- Facebook and Twitter are one of the biggest social networks, which enable you to showcase your brand and services through advertisements and campaigns.
As per a report, Indian audience is one of the fastest-growing segments on the social media.
- Pinterest recommendations generate 4x more revenue (per click) than Twitter. Highlighting your brand on Pinterest is a sure shot way to get a good ranking on the Google.
Content Marketing and SEO
Weaving some of the best SEO practices into your content will help make a good impression with Google and improve your rankings. Let’s quickly glance through the best ways to up your ranking:
- Use keywords: Identify your main keyword for the content. Use a few synonyms and a few related keywords in your content. Try to use the key word in the headings, sub-headings and the body copy.
- Freebies: Offer some freebies or coupons to first time visitors or conduct a small quiz to increase traffic.
- Media: Include images and video on blog posts and landing pages. This improves the user experience and eventually improves your standing with Google.
So what are you waiting for, give a head start to your content marketing campaign.